Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

I got mail , again !


I was travelling to Madras (Chennai) last week via the Shatabdi, when my blackberry beeped. There was a mail in my inbox from a journalist from Midday, Sowmya who happened to find backpacker , the blog interesting and wanted to know if the person behind the blog was interesting enough to be featured in her paper. I replied instantly with my number and we spoke for a while, interrupted by a series of network issues . I rattled off , talking about my dreams and passions when she asked me if I had any goals or missions in mind. I hadnt thought of travel in that sense- but yes, there were loads of things that I wanted to do and was hoping I could do..I shared with her the trails , Arun and I run as part of  travelwise  some of my ideas that were in cold storage for a while and lo, she published them..I saw the online version today , thanks to blogger and cousin Aarti and was humbled to find that I was featured along with the renowned writers like Rolf Potts. There were far more determined vagabonds than me and after reading the article, I realized that it is high time I make my dreams a reality . In fact, I am working on them as I post this . If you are in Bombay, you can read the article in today's Sunday Midday - page 28 , or you can click here and go to page 28 ..

And thanks for reading and following backpacker and helping me make my dreams come true..

No comments:

Post a Comment